Train ONLINE to become a certified Stormbirds Companion. We are aware and acknowledge that you may have directly experienced a natural disaster in your community, and we encourage you to identify a trusted colleague or leader to engage for debriefing. This professional development training is delivered over one day by an authorised Trainer and enables educators and professionals to facilitate the Stormbirds small group program in a school or community organisation.
Included: Companion manual and program journal(s), catering, GST
- Support in understanding and managing the changes experienced as a result of natural disaster
- Assistance in understanding that their reactions associated with a natural disaster are normal
- Development of skills for coping, problem solving and decision making
- Building a peer support network
- Help to restore self-confidence and self-esteem.
- To successfully participate, you will need your own computer, with camera and microphone, and reliable internet access. All participants are required to have the camera on at all times during the training. For effective participation in breakout rooms and to ensure attendance is correctly recorded, please do not share a computer.
- Ensure you are available to attend the FULL TRAINING as this is a requirement of your certification to deliver the program. We are unable to provide you with a training certificate if you do not fully attend. If you miss a portion of the training, you will be required to rebook and complete another FULL session.
- If you are attending from interstate or overseas, we recommend this handy time converter to check the exact time of the online training in your city.
- Once you have registered, you will receive a link to some pre-reading and a pre-training survey. Please complete the survey prior to joining the training, as this contains important information relevant for your Trainer.